Monday, February 4, 2019

It's the Little Things

Today I woke up a little earlier than normal. It wasn't as early as I would have liked, but I'm working on it. I said my morning prayer, read my Book of Mormon, and then I headed to an exercise bike. I exercised for about 30 minutes and then came home to take a shower. After my shower I made breakfast (fried/scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a bagel) and sat down to watch I show. After the show ended I contemplated watching another show. Why not? I have time! I could do the dishes while I watch! Maybe get the pillow covers ready to put in the washing machine! That sounds great.

Then I stopped. You see, the first show I watched is called "A Million Little Things". This show is meant to make an impact. I know that. That's part of why I watch it. It's a show about the people around you, the people you love, the people you work with, the people you see every single day. It's about how we really need to talk to each other. It's about the little choices we make every day that lead to the big things. It's about life and death, forgiveness, what it means to love someone, what it means to help someone, and trying your best even though you mess up sometimes. It's about the million little things we do every day and how each and every one affects us.

This made me stop and think about the little things I am doing in my life. Do I make decisions every day that don't seem like they matter? What impact will those "unimportant" decisions have on my life? What do I really want to do? What decisions can I change so that my life becomes what I actually want it to be?

It's not just a choice that you make once. It's a million little choices. All the while, Satan will be there trying to tell you that you can't do it. Even if you make the right little choices then it won't go where you want it to. You failed in the past, why would it be different this time? GET THEE HENCE SATAN!

The truth is that you can change. You can become who you want to be. You can reach that unfulfilled potential. You are a child of Divine Parents! You can be more than what you are today!

It won't come all at once. You're not going to wake up tomorrow and be perfect at everything you want to do. Sometimes you are going to fail. But, when the going gets rough then turn to the Savior. He's there to save YOU. That includes helping you with the little things. Talk with Him about it. He wants to hear it and to help. Then get up and fight for your potential! Fight for you! And in the process, don't forget to fight for those around you in the little things you do every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment